Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Spiced Apple Cider

As I mentioned on Monday, my husband and I made spiced apple cider this past weekend to warm us up and get us in the mood....the holiday mood that is. 

It was so yummy and easy that I thought I would share the recipe with all of you. 


Ingredients:
4 cups apple cider
1/2 cup orange juice
2 apples
1/2 orange
1 cup spiced rum
Cloves
Cinnamon Sticks
1 teaspoon Cinnamon powder
(note:  We thought this was a little too "orangey" so we added more apple cider to cut it - about a cup, I think.)
1. Over low heat, combine cider and orange juice. 
2. Cut the fruit into thick pieces/quarters and insert the cloves to taste.  We put about 5-6 cloves into each piece. 
3. Combine the fruit, cinnamon sticks, powder,and rum into the pot, stir, and leave on low heat for 10 minutes. 
4. Serve in coffee mugs or insulated cups


We purchased this brand of sparkling apple cider, but I am sure any of them are fine.



When it came to the Spiced Rum, we used some that we bought a few years back from our favroite Colorado distillery, Breckenridge Distillery.  It is soooooo good. And comes in the cutest bottle. 



Speaking of Colorado, we are headed to Colorado after work today to spend the holiday with my in-laws.  We have a long, over-night drive but it will be worth it. Not only do I get to see them, eat great food, relax and shop but I will also get to see three of my besties that live in Denver.  The Fella will get to see some of his besties too!!!!  Although, I am pretty sure he doesn't call them besties.

And since I am not going to be home for Thanksgiving, I will not be setting a table.  But if I was, I would do something like this in the middle of the tablescape.


This is something my group of Junior League girls put together last year for a project.  Just wanted to share some inspiration with you!

I am too excited to sleep!

tbg

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis