Because sports consumed the first 23 years of my life, I spent the next 5 years after that avoiding sports without missing them much at all. Over the last two years, I have come around and have been able to become a fan of sports once again. I don't miss the practices or the games even. But I do miss my girls and a few other things. But I am no longer a collegiate athlete and I am totally OK with that. And here are ten signs that I, for sure, am no longer a collegiate athlete.
1. My arms don’t look like this anymore.
2. My sock toes no longer have 42 written on them with a sharpie.....or my sports bras.
4. I no longer consider baggy basketball shorts, And1 slip-ons and a wife beater an “outfit”.
5. I no longer have weekly hotel dance parties….now it is just like once a year or so…
6. I live with a boy.
7. I have to do my own laundry after I work out.
8. I no longer roll with 10 other baby giraffes on a daily basis. Sad face.
9. I can no longer eat two appetizers, a salad, an entrée, half of my teammate’s entrée and a dessert without gaining an ounce....hell, I can no longer eat just a salad without gaining an ounce. Oh Gumby's Pizza...how I miss thee...
10. My letter jacket is no longer considered an acceptable winter coat....as I have been told repeatedly.
Miss you girls...
Tall for no damn reason,