Monday, November 18, 2013

Skipping Thanksgiving....kind of.

Good morning my loves!

Did anyone else get a jump on Christmas decor this weekend? Since we are leaving town for Thanksgiving, I decided to forgo fall decor.  And so, we decided to take advantage of the beautiful weather, 80 degrees, in Dallas this weekend and implement phase one of our outdoor lights.



We will be adding more next weekend but for now, the hard part is done.  I wanted colored lights but I decided to give the fella what he wanted since I wasn't the one who was going to have to do this....


I was a nervous wreck the whole time he was up there. I am afraid of medium heights. Weird, I know. I have no problem being in a tall building or on top of the Eifel Tower or Empire State Building because I know I won’t fall off those. And if I do, I will die on the way down due to heart attack. But I HATE standing on things I could actually fall off and break a bone. Ladders, chairs, tables, roofs. Maybe because my sister pushed me off a chair I was standing on when I was five and I snapped my wrist. Not sure.

Saturday night I went to a fabulous open house that I will tell you more about later this week but here is my friend L posing in a sneak peek.


Look at these pillows I got for three dollars at Target...how cute are they?



 
That is all I have done to the inside of the house so far.  Not much at all.  The rest of the weekend was spent enjoying the beautiful weather by working outside and heading to the Farmer's Market. 




What did you do this weekend?  Did you skip Thanksgiving decorations and go for the gold of Christmas fun?

Fa la la la la, la la, la, la,

tbg

1 comment:

  1. I don't think Thanksgiving should ever be allowed to be this late, haha! It really does cut into Christmas time. I'm trying so hard to enjoy Thanksgiving and fall, but I need to get my shopping and decorating done ;) I love your lights!!

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis