Tuesday, December 31, 2013

What 2013 has taught me...

2012 was not a good year for me.  At all.  I lost a few people I love, a job, my youthful naivety, loved ones got sick and I learned, the hard way, to cherish every moment.

2013 was a complete mixture.  I began a new career.  I turned thirty and celebrated in my favorite city with some of my favorite people.  We bought our first house.  We decided to try and start a family (with no luck so far). We accomplished some goals that the two of us had as a couple.  We got a new niece.  My father is cancer free this year.  But...my sister was diagnosed with cancer.  My grandmother fell ill.  Another family member is fighting for their life against cancer.  Life things, hard life things, happened.

Through it all I have learned to feel fortunate.  I now know that I am fortunate every day that I wake up.  For breath.  For life.  I am fortunate to have a partner beside me who I trust in every way.  I am fortunate to have a supportive family and I am fortunate to have my health.  Nothing is guaranteed.  I have learned to try and squeeze every drop from the moments we are given. I have learned that life is as big and as happy of an adventure as you allow.

The older I get, the more I will lose.  People, youth, time, etc.  But the older I get, the more I will gain.  Appreciation, perspective, love, friendship, self-reliance and confidence.  All of these things gained make everything else much more special, making life sweeter and grander than ever. 

I hope the New Year is a happy one for everyone, myself included.  I pray that I will gain patience and will improve on myself and inspire others to do the same.  I want to take better physical care of myself, learn to sew, become even more of an asset at work, see the adventure in the everyday, fix my hair more often, cook some and laugh a lot. Oh....and make a baby.

Here's hoping!


Adventure on,

tbg

3 comments:

  1. At least we got to meet in 2012! Hoping 2014 is the best one yet for you. Have fun tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you have a great year :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice one!! We met in 2013 and looking forward to getting to know each other more:) Hope your 2014 is an AWESOME year!!!

    RT

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis