Friday, September 27, 2013

Junk Gypsy and Antique Weekend

My weekend starts in about an hour and a half.  My mother and I will be headed South to visit family, including my Nana (see her beautiful house here), and we will also get to head to Antique Weekend in Round Top and Warrenton.  I am so excited.  For those of you who don’t know about AntiqueWeekend, you need to check it out.  It is like Canton's First Monday Trade Days on crack but it only happens twice a year.  It is described as an antique, art, craft and collectible collection that attracts thousands of dealers and buyers from all over the country.  It spans six different towns and lasts for two weeks or so. 

Ever heard of the Junk Gypsy gals? 
 
If not then you are seriously missing out.  These ladies are seriously talented.  Read about them here, check out their store here and read their fun blog here.  They take junking to a whole new level.  And they hang out with the Duck Dynasty family!
And also, they create parties like this…




 
So fun and so talented.  Anyhoo, Round Top is where they call home.  Every year they throw a Junk Gypsy Prom during Antique Weekend where everyone wears fantastic clothes and rasies a real big ruckus.

 

Yes, that is Miranda Lambert dancing with a gypsy at prom.  Prom is next Thursday, I won't be able to go but my cousin Kiki, who lives nearby Round Top, goes every year and has a great time. 

 
Y'all should look into it! I am sad I cannot go but I will be going by their store.

Have a fantastic weekend and see y'all on Monday!!

Clad in denim and turquoise,

tbg

1 comment:

  1. That looks amazing! I'm sure you ladies will have a great time :).

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis