Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Lady Tigers Rule!

Hi friends.  Hope your week is going well so far.  Mine is off to a rough start but only because I am so tired from all the weekend activities.  Like I said Thursday, my in-laws were in and we had a jammed back sched.  They main purpose f their visit, other than to see the new house and just to visit in general, was a banquet that we to attend on Saturday night.

The banquet was to induct the inaugural class into the School District’s Sports Hall of Honor.  I was blessed enough to be chosen as one of the four athletes to be included in the first class.  Also, my sophomore year basketball team was the inaugural team to be inducted so lots of my buddies were there which made the evening even more special.  It was a lot of fun with a lot of tear jerking moments. 




I had to give an acceptance speech, which was terrifying, but was also really cool because it gave me the chance to thank a lot of people that really made an impact on my life and were truly heroes of mine.  It is a rare opportunity to have a chance to do that publicly.
Here are some fun pics from the night......

Me and the Fella

 
Me and two of my favs


Lovely Lady Lumps


A group shot with a few of the inductees
Shooter McGaven
  
Me ruining a group shot
   Tomorrow I will recap the rest of the weekend because we jammed a lot into three days!

XO,

tbg



No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis