Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Jackie O and a recap of the weekend

Good afternoon loverlies!

Me today =

I was dragging this morning so I decided to throw on something a little more colorful and professional looking than usual to pep myself up.  I ended up with a Jackie O inspired look.  I need to try and do this more often because Inoticed the people in my office responding very positively to the whole thing.  When in doubt, try to look like Jackie! 


Ok, weekend recap.  As I mentioned Friday, it was the fella’s birthday weekend. We spent it at my parent's house on Lake Granbury for some fun in the sun and a little family time. 

Here is a picture of their house with a fresh new paint job.....


We call her the Bluff House.  She sits atop a beautiful bluff overlooking the lake.  Hence the name.

I promised a recap of the new brewery out there, Revolver Brewing.  Good times were had, however, I got very few pictures because I am the best blogger in the world.  Five posts do not a blogger make.

Revolver was a little bit in the middle of nowhere.  Not too much, but just enough to make you feel like you are driving out to a moonshine distillery during Prohibition…..which is awesome.  There is live music, food and brewery tours from 11am to 3pm every Saturday.
 
The music this Saturday was supplied by Fish Fry Bingo.  A super fun band that I swear may have been covering Dr. Dre songs with a banjo.  Something like that anyway. They refer to themselves as “A pure, raw hillbilly tour of American music, original and otherwise. You ain't heard nothin' like it”. Very cool.

I took a fun picture of the stage but it keeps uploading sideways and I can't figure out how to change that.  (Another example of why I am the best blogger in the world.)  But it was very cute and very Luchenbachesque.  Nobody outside of Texas got that reference, did they?

The “tour” was really just a guy standing up with a fuzzy sounding microphone talking about hops.  Same stuff I heard at Shiner and Sam Adams.  But nobody cared about the tour anyway because for $10 bucks you get four half pints of beer. Although I am pretty sure they actually gave me full pints.  For those ten bucks you also get a cool pilsner glass that showcases the cute Revolver logo. Cute, that is, if you ignore the fact that the logo is a picture of two guns, which kill people (guns, not pictures).  The picture of the tour guide speaking also uploaded sideways, so that was a no go as well.  I am so good at this.

The fella played a round of golf and I failed as a wife because I didn’t manage to wake up for the 7AM tee time!!!!!!!!  Nuts, right?  I don’t feel that bad.  He knows I don’t do mornings. We also went to a little winery and did a tasting.  Way better than beer. The rest of the time was spent on the water. 


The Fella

Looking at these pictures makes me long for Friday soooooooo much!  Come on weekend!  Get here.

Holla!
tbg

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis