Monday, March 3, 2014

This Old Giraffe

Hello strangers!  I have been MIA for a while.  I have been in one of those hermit, self-reflecting modes lately and haven' felt like coming out of my shell.

But I am here today to catch up with everyone and see how goes it.

I am 31 years and one day old today.  Yesterday was my birthday.  31.  How does that happen so fast?  I can still remember my 16th birthday and my 21st birthday like they were yesterday. 

Anyway, I didn't do much.  I didn't feel like making a big deal out of it.  Last year, for my 30th, the Fella took me to New Orleans.  Upon our arrival, I was surprised to find that he had rented a house and six of my besties were there to celebrate with me.  Best birthday ever.  I had a blast "Roaring out of My 20's.





So this year, I was content to lay low. 

Friday, I received this pretty package in the mail to kick start the bday weekend...


Saturday was BEAUTIFUL. 82 degrees.  So we took advantage of it and got some projects done.  I did some painting...


Before, primed, complete (sans recovered seats):
And the Fella did some sanding...


Please ignore the state of the garage. We plan to do some Spring cleaning in there soon. This table has been in the Fella's family for a long time and he really wanted to keep it but it was in bad shape.  It is amazing what a little sanding and a coat of paint can do...

 
And don't you love my styling???  Horrible. 

On Sunday I woke up to a card, flowers and a room full of balloons.


Peanut then showed up bearing gifts....


And mustaches....lots and lots of mustaches...



Look at this adorable "donut" cake she made me!



I couldn't be bothered with plates and fancy things like that...I just jumped right in.


She and the Fella then took me to brunch.  It may have been a beautiful 82 degrees on Saturday, but on Sunday it dropped into the 20s and snowed!!!  Gross.  So for the rest of the day, the Fella and I snoozed on the couch, caught up on the DVR and watched the Oscars.

A nice, relaxing weekend.  I couldn't ask for more for this ol' 31 year old.

Speaking of the Oscars...oh my geeze amiright???


 


#gorg

She's back and older than ever,
the baby giraffe

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you had a great birthday! I hope spring comes soon for us all! This crazy weather is lame.

    Love you lots!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Belated Birthday Girl!!! Gald it was a great birthday:)

    RT

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis